Episode 72 – Engineers Anonymous pt2 – Engineer2Architect
The second in the series of themed podcasts, Engineers Anonymous is really about where you are going with your career, what options do you have beyond engineering, what soft/hard skills are required for these next steps and how do you start the journey to career advancement…
Join Craig Waters @cswaters1 (vCatchup) in an Engineers Anonymous discussion about what steps you need to take to move beyond engineering, this week we’re talking about Engineer2Architect with Justin Warren @jpwarren, Ben Di Qual @bendiq and Frank Fan @frankfan7.
Please reach out if you have a topic you’d like to cover on APACVirtual, here’s the schedule, we’re always open and keen to talk
**Begin Show Notes
Craig Waters @cswaters1 http://blog.rack.org.au
For this episode we had the following additional guests live on call & in the chat room:
Darren Wollard @dawoo http://blog.vmote.net
Sim Alam @simalam
Thanks for being a guest on the show, APACVirtual really appreciate your support!
Here are the links mentioned in this show: -
A list of books and websites that I referred to in the podcast that I think are well worth your time.
1. Medina, J. (2008). Brain Rules: 12 Principles For Surviving And Thriving At Work, Home, And School 1st ed., Pear Press, Seattle, WA.
2. Reynolds, G. (2008). Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas On Presentation Design And Delivery, New Riders, Berkeley, CA.
3. Drucker, PF. (2001). The Essential Drucker: Selections From The Management Works Of Peter F. Drucker., HarperBusiness, New York.
4. Fisher, R, Ury, W & Patton, B. (1999). Getting To Yes : Negotiating An Agreement Without Giving In, Random House Business Books, London.
5. Cialdini, RB. (2001). Influence: Science And Practice 4th ed., Allyn and Bacon, Boston, MA.
6. Poundstone, W. (2012). Priceless: The Myth Of Fair Value First Edition., Hill and Wang.
7. Kotler, P, Suzan Burton & Keller, KL. (2009). Marketing Management, Pearson Prentice Hall, Frenchs Forest, N.S.W.
Not a substitute for learning it properly, but a place to start:
** End Show Notes
Start Time (GMT+10): Wednesday 8th May 2013 9:00 PM (AEST Sydney)
Duration (minutes): 45
Talkshoe Call ID: 75046
or click the link below
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes:
Other Time zones:
New York (USA) – 7AM
San Francisco (USA) – 4AM
Perth (Australia) – 7PM
Hong Kong (Hong Kong) – 7PM
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) – 7PM
Tokyo (Japan) – 8PM
Auckland (New Zealand) – 11PM
London (UK) – 12PM